COVID-19 is having a major impact on our everyday life and is changing the way we work, think and protect what’s important to us. While there are a lot of uncertainties, it’s important to stay calm and focus on the necessities.
As a digital organisation, our team is working as normal to help service our customers.
1) Business as usual
We’re 100% online which means our business operation is not impacted by COVID-19. Our team is working harder to help customers get access to money quickly.
Due to the volatility of the market, we are being more diligent in processing and approving loans. This is to ensure that we don’t put our customers under further financial strain so that what they borrow, they can afford to pay back.
If you need money quick, start an application with us.
2) Need help with your repayments?
If you’re having issues making payments to your loan with us, please contact us:
Alternatively, you can access our hardship application by visiting the financial hardship page here.
We’ll work with you to tailor a solution that you can afford and within your financial limitations.
3) Simple tips to help you during this time:
As the world around us is changing rapidly, it’s sometimes good to stop and reflect on your current situation and how you can build a financial buffer for yourself.
Here are tips to get you started:
- Save where you can – review your spending habits and focus on the essentials. If you’re not going out as much, you may be saving more. Put this extra money aside as it can help you plan for an unexpected event.
- Pick up casual jobs if you can – if your hours are being reduced or you found yourself losing your job, there are businesses like Coles, Woolworths, Local Government services looking for casual workers to help service our communities.
- Consolidate your debt – if you have multiple loans or credit cards, you might want to consider refinancing your debt to reduce your repayments.
- Don’t neglect your bills or loans – if you’re having trouble making payments, contact your provider. They may have payment plans that can help you through the tough time.
4) Credit24 helping our communities
We’re online and so are our staff. They are working from home and staying off public transport to reduce contracting or spreading COVID-19.
During this time, we need our communities as much as they need us. As such, we’re supporting the Red Cross by encouraging our people to give blood when they can.